Cloudbeds is a travel and hospitality SaaS technology company working to make the world a more welcoming place. We create advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, and hotel groups, providing tools for managing reservations and guests, distributing room availability, selling inventory, and collecting payments. There are hundreds of Cloudbeds team members spread across 40 countries, speaking 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We are a #remotefirst company since our founding, and we allow every member of our team to work from wherever they may be around the globe. We are looking for people who want to reinvent the world of hospitality tech and travel and love to travel as much as we do.
For this engineering role, we are looking for someone who has worked with a broad range of patterns, practices, libraries, and frameworks, familiar with the nuances of applying them to large-scale React-based applications. You will participate in strategic decisions regarding the use of libraries, tools, and architectural design.
Location: Remote - US
What You Will Do:
- Communicate with UI/UX, product, architects and engineers to analyze and suggest efficient solutions based on requirements
- Coach and mentor team members on frontend software engineering activities and best practices
- Lead discussions on complex technical concepts and requirements
with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Formulate and implement solutions for moderately complex, loosely scoped problems aligned with your team’s goals
- Use React with TypeScript to build next-generation web/mobile experiences supporting flexibility and customization from the start
- Work with product managers, content producers, architects, QA engineers, and release engineers to matriculate your solution from development to production build
- Write well-formulated, testable, and readable code using appropriate software design patterns
- 5+ years of front-end web development experience w
- Experience designing and implementing architecture for a large web application, based upon good product sense and the ability to empathize with our customers
- Strong knowledge of React and React hooks and applying them to global/server state management with libraries such as ReactQuery, Apollo, and Redux
- Experience writing functional components, using custom hooks, and understanding the trade-offs between various patterns of component communication, defensive programming, application design, and automated testing
- Strong knowledge of CSS with working knowledge of CSS-in-JS and how it can be applied to maintaining and developing a component library
- Comfortable with testing tools such as Jest, testing-library for unit testing as well as E2E testing, such as Cypress and/or Selenium
- Experience working with a remote-first and globally distributed team
- Experience with deployment tooling including Webpack, and Webpack5 Federated Modules
- Experience with 3rd party UI component libraries, and integrating them with a customized, standalone distributable UI-Library,
- Experience with CI/CD tooling, including Github Actions and Workflows
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at [email protected].
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.