About Bevy: 100% Remote Organization
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In March 2021, we raised a $40M series C investment. For this funding round, we’ve built a coalition of investors that reflect the communities that we live in every day.
Come be a part of our inspirational team, ranked by Forbes as one of America’s “Best Startup Employers of 2022."
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on the Content & Presentation team you’ll help architect and implement solutions to many unique and interesting problems regarding the appearance and content of our client instances. As a white-labeled product, Bevy offers a platform that feels at home to each of our client’s communities. However, the challenges of scaling a highly dynamic platform present opportunities for novel engineering solutions and creativity. Using your strong React skills, and a lot of creative problem solving, you’ll work directly on the SaaS platform that has allowed some of the greatest communities around the world to stay connected and grow both online and offline.
What you will do:
- Develop and ship features in React that make attending an event, joining a community, or growing a community simpler and more delightful.
- Help with the overall technical direction of Bevy’s frontend ecosystem
- Review code changes made by others for standards of readability, security, and performance.
- Work with Product Management and other stakeholders (Backend, UX, etc.) to iterate on new features within the
- Plan and automate tests that ensure software works as designed and deals with surprises effectively.
- Learn, collaborate, and teach other Frontend Engineers in your group and beyond
- Suggest improvements to processes to avoid undesirable, repetitive work or introduce qualities which increase desirable outcomes.
- Analyze effects that are happening in production systems to plan and implement improvements.
- You’ll seek open source software that already solves the problem-at-hand or makes solving it simpler.
- Learn, learn, learn and help educate our team and customers about Bevy and better ways of getting stuff done.
- Work closely with everyone who has a stake in the Bevy platform and products.
What we are looking for:
- You have more than five years experience working with frontend frameworks and languages and have shipped and maintained a number of features in a production environment.
- You are comfortable thinking through complex software architecture and design challenges
- You’ve integrated open-source libraries and third party systems into your own software
- You like solving interesting, hard problems.
- You ask probing questions about software and don’t give up easily.
- You’ve worked on applications which must be concerned with privacy & security. Experience applying OWASP ASVS or other standards is a bonus.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world through virtual events. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team and a better product for our customers and the communities we serve.
Still Looking? Learn More About Our Other Departments Here