We are looking for a seasoned software engineer who is passionate about creating next-generation healthcare software that will dramatically improve the lives of patients, clinicians, and caregivers. This person will write critical, significant portions of the code behind a brand new software product.
The ideal candidate has experience building SaaS and/or Cloud Native software for a regulated industry. Additionally, the Senior Front End Engineer will bring expertise in one or more technologies including React, TypeScript, gRPC, Twirp, and/or AWS. Sharing knowledge and mentoring members of a growing team will be key.
The Senior Front End Engineer should enjoy working in an Agile collaborative environment with product managers, designers, external partners, and other engineers to build a high quality, consumer-oriented product from the ground up.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
Tendo has hubs in San Francisco, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; and Philadelphia, PA. This position is currently remote so candidates may be located in any one of our three hub locations.
- Drive all phases of front end software development including requirements analysis, architecture/design, implementation, documentation, testing, and debugging for a large consumer-facing application with significant daily usage.
- Collaborate with product owners and designers to understand user needs and translate wireframes and other requirements into technical requirements and detailed architecture.
- Participate in Agile processes including sprint planning, daily standups, demos, and retrospectives.
- Use React + TypeScript and related front end frameworks/libraries to produce web applications and PWAs deployed on Google Play.
- Translate design system specifications into reusable/extensible components shared across teams.
- Use gRPC/Twirp to hook front ends to back end APIs that are specified by Protobuf files.
- Write automated tests for all code and use Behavior Driven Development practices.
- Perform code reviews.
- Provide expertise in Web technologies and frameworks, including React and TypeScript.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and subject matter expertise to other team members.
- Create technical documentation describing architecture decisions.
- Support and implement the latest standards in securing data to meet HIPAA requirements.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar major OR equivalent professional experience or software development certification (including bootcamp).
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Professional experience with React + TypeScript.
- Ability to communicate designs and work with product managers, engineers, and QA to clarify and prune requirements.
- Professional experience with modern version control systems (e.g., Git) and tools (e.g., Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab).
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and HL7 standards like FHIR.
- Experience with Protobuf, gRPC, and/or Twirp.
- AWS certification(s).
- Experience writing infrastructure as code using Serverless Framework.
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
More Information on Tendo
Tendo operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA, Salt Lake City, UT and San Francisco, CA. Tendo was founded in 2020. It has 98 total employees. To see all 38 open jobs at Tendo, click here.
Read Full Job Description