Senior Front-End Developer at MetroStar (Remote)
MetroStar Systems is looking for a Senior Front-End Developer that has a deep passion for leading application development projects for a mission critical contract. If you want to join a company that values your strategic analysis and are open to hybrid remote and on-site support in Washington, DC, we want you to work for MetroStar.
Our Health IT business is responsible for enabling transformative improvements in healthcare for our clients and the general public. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You're a great fit if you:
- fearlessly work with clients, users, and team members to build the best products possible
- are a passionate developer and enjoy developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- enjoy working in a collaborative Agile environment to build timely and effective solutions for the customer
- are familiar with DevOps concepts and the continuous integration and delivery pipeline
You'll love our role if you have: (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- experience with Bootstrap for developing and integrating Web Services APIs and SDKs
- Bachelor’s Degree (General work experience may be substituted for education. The requirement for education levels can be substituted at the rate of 1½ years of experience for every year of education)
We'll REALLY love you if you have: (This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- experience working in cloud and/or on-premises environments desired.
- experience as a developer and applying Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques
- experience with one or more programming language/Framework such as Java, Python, Ruby, C, Go, Node, etc.
- experience working with automated testing technologies such as RSpec, Cucumber
- experience with Jasmine, Protractor, or related tools
- familiarity with automated browser testing with tools such as Selenium
What your day will look like:
- You will support both on-premises and cloud hosted enterprise applications.
- You will work with Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Developers to facilitate the flow of continuous development through a secure, stable pipeline.
- You will support solution development by providing, communicating, and evolving the broader technology and architectural view of the solution.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation. Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives.
- You will define subsystems and their interfaces, allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context.
- You will help to establish coding standards and ensure code quality guidelines
The Admin Stuff: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.