Senior Front End Developer (Remote) at AlertMedia
AlertMedia is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with front end development expertise. This role is an opportunity to use the latest tools and technologies to build first-in-class web applications as well as leverage your experience and expertise to mentor junior developers as the team grows. Strong creative and technical abilities are vital for success in this role, with the ideal candidate being an independent problem solver and critical thinker. You must have a passion for innovative software development and willingness to roll up your sleeves to collaborate with all teams. You will have the opportunity to show who you are throughout our interview process, we do not ask any trick questions, or expect you to perform a whiteboard exercise. We want to see you shine by showing us work you are most proud of!
Who you are:
You thrive in a collaborative engineering environment that plays to everyone's strengths. You care deeply about the design and user experience of web applications and are a stickler for consistency and intuitive user interfaces. You are organized in your development approach and follow best practices to deliver web applications that are secure, performant, and easy to use. You have developed large-scale web applications and can easily spot antipatterns in the division of client- vs server-side code. You have used multiple web application frameworks and, ideally, have React experience. You care about the quality of your work, the impactful product you help build, and the team you help build it with. You are eager to learn from people with both more and less experience than you.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Collaborate with designers on new features and build out React components
- Work with backend and full stack developers to extend backend APIs to support new features
- Work in an Agile based environment using tools like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Slack
- Contribute to the technology lead that AlertMedia has over other solutions through innovative development and by helping contribute innovative ideas related to leveraging technology in our product line
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills in collaboration with other engineering and product teams
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values, and vision for the future
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
- Experience with HTML, CSS & templating
- Python and Django development experience a plus
- Willingness to pair up with junior developers to mentor and share your experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage working on multiple projects in parallel
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Position is open for remote location except for in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, West Virginia, US territories
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.