Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: United States only- PST/CIST | Partial overlap
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 – $90/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - long-term, ongoing project
**This position will ideally be contract to hire after 6 months.**
- Care about writing easy to understand, maintainable code
- Have strong writing and communication skills for documenting project requirements and coordinating with other teams
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests and are enthusiastic about mentoring junior developers on the team
- Can identify and resolve performance concerns and look for opportunities to reduce technical debt
- Can weigh multiple solutions for a problem against business needs and time constraints in order to meet company goals
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Experience with agile ticketing tools such as Jira or Shortcut
- Experience with collaborative design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Experience working with an API team, with focus on JSON API
- A firm understanding of the use of Github and trunk-based development practices
About the Role
As a senior engineer, you will be tasked with building a robust, maintainable web experience for the 1M+ campers using our website every month. We are currently in the process of expanding our campground booking system by building inventory management tools for campground owners and integrating with third-party campground listing providers. Our portfolio of campgrounds is set to increase significantly from this work, so this position is a good opportunity for engineers who want to grow their skills in site performance and scalability.
Our current frontend is built with Next.js. Work varies from building highly interactive tools, like our search page and Trip Planner, to focusing on static rendering and page performance on our campground listings. In this position we will be looking to you for experience, knowledge, and the confidence to make the case for what each situation merits in order to provide an ideal experience for our users. You’ll be working on a team with 2-3 other frontend developers and collaborating closely with our Backend, Product, and Design teams. This position will report to the Head of Engineering.
- Leading execution on new features and improvement projects
- Helping define the longer-term technical vision for scaling and maintaining our frontend codebase
- Translating comps and wireframes from our Design team into architecture and components
- Estimating complexity and dividing up tasks when new projects are brought to the team
- Responding to support requests and troubleshooting live bugs
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.