Senior Fraud Quality Assurance Specialist at SoFi (Jacksonville, FL)
Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Senior Fraud Quality Assurance Specialist provides oversight of the work completed by both SoFi Fraud Operations staff and or outsourced items with third party vendors. This position will play an essential role in building out the Fraud Operations QA program defining cadence, content, and reporting of performance results. Additionally this role will provide updates to Fraud Operations management on overall QA scoring, recommend and establish KPIs, and be a liaison between third party vendor supervisors and SoFi Fraud management.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor Fraud Ops/BPO inbound and/or outbound calls as well as fraud reviews to assess quality, compliance, decision making and/or process improvement opportunities
- Keep informed of current Fraud and Risk policies
- Assist in defining success metrics and establishes a plan to track, monitor and measure the success of those metrics
- Interact closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both internal and external) in order to secure alignment.
- As necessary, diagnose, correct and document issues, risks and problems using Quality Assurance (QA) practices
- Perform all business intelligence analysis and make recommendations on how to mitigate
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment between stakeholders
- Track operational performance, KPI’s and best practices metrics and measures.
- Gather and format data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards and provide reports to management to action
- Research data and information to provide insights and recommendations
- Identify coaching insights and opportunities. Provides information to management regarding opportunities for coaching and training of employees to improve handling of calls/alerts
- Escalate high risk issues, behaviors or trends to management for corrective/remedial action as required
- Provide recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the fraud review process while maintaining cost effectiveness
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Fraud Ops QA testing strategy, such as focus areas, testing methodology, test standards, and frequency of testing (e.g., random and targeted testing on an as-needed basis)
- Follow-up with the business unit to ensure corrective actions are executed timely.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Must have 3+ years previous Fraud Investigations experience in a financial services environment
- Suspicious Activity Report experience as a filer, reviewer or both
- Self-motivated and able to work independently applying analytical skills required to manage reviewing tasks
- Exceptional understanding of Fraud best practices and current Fraud trends as it applies to financial products and services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and accomplish goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Must be detail oriented with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Decision making skills (experience making decisions, uncovering needs)
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a Quality Control role with a focus on Fraud/Risk
- 1+ year working experience preferred in banking or credit union operations that provides a working knowledge of products, services, systems operational policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance issues
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program