We created Upside to help communities thrive! Our retail technology uses the sophistication of online retail—profit measurement, attribution, and incrementality—to provide users with more value on their everyday purchases and brick and mortar businesses with new, profitable customers. We’ve helped millions of users earn 2 to 3 times more cash back than any other product, and tens of thousands of brick and mortar businesses earn measurable profit. Billions of dollars in commerce run through the Upside platform every year, and that value goes directly back to our local retailers, the consumers they serve, and towards important sustainability initiatives. Our mission, values, and commitment to inclusivity guide our team of more than 200 people worldwide, and the quality of our culture is reflected in the impact we’ve had on communities nationwide.
Meet the Platform Engineering team:
The Platform Engineering team develops the software stack that all Engineers at Upside rely on. The team provides turn-key services and software solutions for developers to use The development stack enables the engineering organization to deploy fast and in confidence.
We work directly with our developers across the organization supporting them in enabling new business opportunities while using innovative AWS tools. The mission of our team is to scale the platform to support our business growth. Our goal is to support 10x growth across an increased range of businesses over the next 24 months.
About the job:
The Platform Engineering lead will work in close partnership with the Product teams as well as our Infosec organization. Through these partnerships this leader will establish the engineering roadmap and will lead all aspects of its implementation to support our business needs. The leader will also be working across the engineering organization alongside the Machine Learning, Data, and Consumer Engineering teams to ensure that our solutions meet our business needs.
The team also drives SDLC and the Reliability Engineering strategy for the rest of the firm helping us establish, set and meet our strategic reliability goals.
What you'll do:
- You will be responsible for the strategic and day-to-day engineering workload of the team.
- You will be using Agile methodologies to manage and deliver the teams’ OKRs.
- Working with other Engineering Managers you will prioritize the work both tactically and strategically.
- Create with the product management team the OKRs, the roadmaps and drive the plans through sprints.
- Shape the strategic direction of the organization.
- Work with other engineering leads on the design of the future state of our platform .
- Responsible for the career development of the team members, the hiring, mentoring and organizational needs of the team.
What you need:
- 5-7 years of experience using cloud first technologies such as messaging, containers, relying on Identity management and other cloud-native tools (Mambda, SNS, SQS,Redis, etc).
- Prior experience with SRE and SDLC tools such as DataDog, PagerDuty, Git Actions, etc.
- Prior vendor management experience.
- Experience working with or leading SREs or leading productivity tool software development teams.
- 7-10 years prior experience in building and leading high-impact teams.
- Experience in collecting, analyzing and writing requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work across multiple business and engineering organizations.
- 5-7 years of programming experience in either Python or Java.
The fine print:
- Upside employees are currently working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Afterwards our engineering teams are adopting a hybrid approach which can support full-time remote work while enabling in-person meetups as necessary.
- Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: This is an in-house search with a dedicated resource. Please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Upside. Upside is not liable for, and will not pay, placement fees for candidates submitted by any party or agency other than its approved recruitment partners.
At Upside, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Our differences are what makes us stronger. We‘re passionate about building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here. Come join us!#LI-NE1