Course Hero is an online learning platform providing content, tools and services to help students study and learn, around the world. With the rapid transition to online learning over the last decade, coupled with a strong business model and product offering, we are on a trajectory to redefine and increase access to online learning.
Our Vision: A world where every student graduates, confident and prepared.
Our Mission: The optimal learning destination for every course.
- Late stage, profitable company with strong margins and consistent growth.
- Achieved “unicorn” (billion-dollar valuation) status in 2019 and most recently raised a Series C of nearly $400M at a $3.6B valuation (USD) in 2021.
- Ranked in Alexa’s top 200 sites in the US with over a billion visits in 2021.
- Over 300 employees in the US, Canada, India, and Israel.
- Headquarters in Redwood City, California.
To support our rapid growth and international expansion, Course Hero is establishing a product development organization in India. We are looking to make our first hire, an engineering leader who can create, build, and expand a world-class software engineering team building web, mobile, and machine learning products.
This high-impact role will report to Course Hero’s EVP of Engineering.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for startups, innovation, and growth
- Believes in Course Hero’s company values of responsibility, collaboration, customer focus, grit, and always learning
- Has a track record of technical delivery, hiring, and team leadership
- Is prepared for the challenges of hiring technical staff and rapidly scaling a team
- Is excited about Course Hero’s vision of a world where every student graduates, confident and prepared
- Brings strong, hands-on technical leadership in modern languages and frameworks such as Go, React, Python, Kafka, and AWS cloud infrastructure
- Supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive culture
What does success look like?
- Over the first year, you will build several product development teams in India. These teams will create features and infrastructure for our Q&A system (with millions of customers), search and recommendations engine, study document upload and analysis, and machine learning to power advanced learning tools.
- In the early days, this will require hands-on technical mentorship with the first people you hire. As the team grows, this will transition into a full management and leadership role.
- As a senior leader, you will collaborate with other Course Hero product, data, and engineering leaders around the world on product strategy and building a scalable, healthy organization.
- Over the next three to five years, we expect Course Hero India to grow to 100 or more, and become a key engine of growth for Course Hero globally.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Join us on our mission!