Senior Engineering Manager at Reddit
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The team's mission lies at the core of Reddit's success as a platform: we build and deliver features for Reddit communities at scale, ranging from enabling smooth and effective community and content creation, applying a growth framework to activate new communities, to equipping moderators with the tools they need to succeed. This team drives several key product metrics for the entire Reddit platform.
This is a high impact role where you will drive related technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of product engineers.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering managers to plan product and business strategy, and to build novel products and features that our half-billion users will love.
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks, and generally helping out wherever is needed.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set and enable a culture of metrics led execution, with efficient processes and strong levels of transparency.
Who You Might Be:
- At least 3+ years building and managing high performing engineering teams in the consumer space.
- Have managed managers or team leads before or total management experience is more than 4 years.
- Fluency with dealing with product analytics, forecasting and exposure to tools like GA, BigQuery etc.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize the team's tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong focus on user experience and usability. You are an undying advocate for the user, and you have a deep intuition for how people think and how they interact with software.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment, and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].