Senior Engineering Manager at Honeywell (Atlanta, GA)
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Honeywell is charging into the Industrial IoT revolution with the establishment of Honeywell Connected Enterprise (HCE), building on our heritage of invention and deep, on-the-ground industry expertise. HCE is the leading industrial disruptor, building and connecting software solutions to streamline and centralize the assets, people and processes that help our customers make smarter, more accurate business decisions. Moving at the speed of software, we are creating, innovating and delivering solutions fast, challenging the way things have always been done, piloting new ways for all of us to work, and expecting our successes to set new standards for our customers and for Honeywell.
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software within Honeywell Connected Enterprise : Connected Industrials. We are looking for motivated people that can lead and manage a group of the world's most talented engineers. Someone who has the expertise to facilitate the successful delivery of software engineering products. This specific role is with Honeywell Connected Industrial, a division within HCE specializing in the reliability and optimization of manufacturing facilities. An ideal candidate will bring strong software development expertise, years of managing teams to engineer quality, secure and on-time products and have experience in the industrial sector.
• Drive software teams to deliver quality products on-time and efficiently
• Manage and grow talent of differing seniority and function; identify and plan career growth opportunities
• Execute on team deliverables using agile methodologies
• Oversee the execution of product development across:
Innovation; Requirements and Design; Feature Definition; Software Architecture and Coding; Integration, Certification; Security and Legal Reviews; Testing, Verify and Validation; Support, Documentation
• Effectively complete HR, leadership, and governance tasks on time
• Contribute to the growth and development of the team
• Proactively assess identify, acquire, and develop the human capital required to execute business strategy with continuous focus on talent development coupled with rigorous management of poor performers
• Drive diversity and inclusion initiatives as part of overall talent strategy
• Reduce risks in product programs
• Participate as development representative on the program, core execution, and business teams
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2 years managing a team of software engineers
- 2 years demonstrated leadership experience in overseeing diverse levels of professional talent
- 5 years leading software engineers in successful agile product delivery
- Experience in the industrial space of oil & gas refinery.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles
- Significant relevant experience in managing cloud and on-premise software development teams
- Effective communicator; Attention to detail; Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Experience in delivering committed release functionality on schedule, on budget, and with improved quality
- Experience in the process control, process simulation and process competency domains.
- Experience in the development and escalation support of various software products including, but not limited to:
- Responsible for new software development and for enhancing existing software systems
- Provide maintenance and technical support activities for existing applications
- Support global business growth opportunities, technical / sales presentation / discussion and sales team.
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
- Analytical skills & software development skills
- Experience with development pipelines/tools and CI/CD.
- Experience procuring and working with Contract Workers.
- Experience in effective escalation, filtering and insulation through an organization
- Experience working with product management, security, legal, marketing and sales teams.
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 715 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
Customer Experience (GLOBAL)