Senior Engineering Manager - Platform at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.About the Role:
The platform team is responsible for the core infrastructure and systems that power KeepTruckin’s products. We ingest, store, and serve real-time vehicle telematics, sensor, and video data from hundreds of thousands of devices on the road. In addition to scaling our systems to serve an ever-increasing volume of traffic, our teams are also building a world-class self-serve infrastructure to support a rapidly growing engineering org.
We are looking for an engineering leader to grow and mentor leads across a number of platform teams and align their technical direction with company priorities.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.What You'll Do:
- Scale our capabilities through hiring, mentoring, and growing leaders from within
- Partner with product and engineering teams to build a platform that amplifies developer impact and provides a foundation of reusable software components and infrastructure
- Oversee vendor relationships and manage platform’s software and infrastructure budget
- Work with SRE, DBA and security teams to implement processes and policies that optimize for production reliability and security while accelerating developer productivity and keeping costs in check
- Leaders who have managed platform, infrastructure or SRE teams directly responsible for critical production services
- Experience scaling cloud infrastructure, ideally at a rapidly scaling startup
- First principles thinking, strategic mindset, ownership mentality, and a bias towards action
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of management experience managing data platform, architecture, or infrastructure teams
- 5+ years experience as an engineer/architect building out platform services & highly operational workflows
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.