Senior Engineering Manager, Mobile at hatch I.T. (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:16 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 19, 2022
hatch I.T. is partnering with Cerebral to find a Senior Engineering Manager, Mobile, see details below:
At Cerebral, they’re on a mission to improve access to long-term, high-quality mental health care for all. Cerebral believes that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need. And how are they doing this? By making care convenient and accessible and tackling the stigma that surrounds mental illness.
Since launching in January 2020, Cerebral has gone from a team of 5 to over 3,000 team members across the United States and in the United Kingdom working hand-in-hand to transform access to high-quality mental health care at scale. Their team will not stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality mental health care without the high cost, long wait times, and stigma. Simone Biles, world champion gymnast, and mental health advocate joined Cerebral as Cerebral’s Chief Impact Officer to help further their mission.
Cerebral is the fastest mental health company ever to achieve unicorn status, having raised over $462 million and achieving a valuation of $4.8 billion in under two years. Cerebral’s investors include SoftBank Venture Fund 2, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, Chris Burch, WestCap, and Oak HC/FT.
It is just the beginning for Cerebral, and they need your help as they transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
How you will contribute:
- Oversee delivery and SDLC of our highly used cross-platform patient-facing mobile application built in React Native
- Guide mobile engineers on:
- React/React Native development best practices
- iOS/Android native development best practices
- Building and deploying mobile applications & services in a cloud-infrastructure environment
- Strategies and vision for when teams should build fully native, cross-platform, or within a web browser
- Build, grow, and manage globally distributed teams of engineers that are designing, building, and maintaining a large-scale mobile application focused on the patient experience
- Mentor and support engineers by:
- Working on career growth
- Identifying key structures or processes that need improvement
- Getting hands-on by building proof of concepts or pair programming
- Introducing new technologies, processes, or techniques to help engineering work efficiently
- Be accountable for the operations of the team’s services to ensure stability and uptime
- Build beautiful experiences using progressive technologies and patterns
- Demonstrate a mix of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy to rapidly earn the trust of engineers and product management leaders
- Own the delivery of OKRs, work with the product team to define KPIs and meet SLAs
Skills you’ll bring:
- Experience in building global teams of engineers to deliver consumer-facing features in a fast-paced environment
- Tactfulness and leadership abilities to bring changes to organizational strategy and engineering growth maps while maintaining focus and values of a people and support first organization
- System design skills to lead multiple scrum teams in driving efficiency through modular architecture, reuse, and domain-driven components and services
- Proven management practices to lead cross-platform (iOS & Android) mobile application development leveraging React Native for a consumer-facing application
- Mentorship for engineers with varying skill levels and experiences
- Hands-on capability to build proof of concepts or work with engineers via pair programming
- Best in class testing practices to improve the quality of our mobile application by ensuring complete test automation across the testing pyramid
- Interest in continuing to study and evolve engineering best practices on the mobile team
- Passionate about creating value that changes people’s lives
- Make low-level decisions quickly while being patient and methodical with high-level ones
- Command the room among a smart, ambitious, and diverse set of individuals
- Are curious and passionate about digging into new technologies with a knack for picking them up quickly
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills and ability to switch between technology paradigms
- Adept at prioritizing value and shipping complex products while coordinating across multiple teams
- Love working with some of the best, world-class engineers, product managers, and architects
- Strive to excel, innovate and take pride in your work
- Work well with other leaders
- Are a positive culture driver
- Ideally have experience in fast-paced, startup culture
- Ideally have experience in a regulated industry (healthcare, finance, etc.)
- Ideally have worked with other cross-platform frameworks (Flutter, Cordova, etc.)
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us and check us out here!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
More Information on hatch I.T.
hatch I.T. operates in the Consulting industry. The company is located in Vienna, VA and Durham, NC. hatch I.T. was founded in 2011. It has 24 total employees. To see all 38 open jobs at hatch I.T., click here.
Read Full Job Description