Cribl provides users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. Some may say our greatest accomplishment thus far is having our software deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB to PB of IT & Security data. Others may attribute that to our massive amount of goat gifs that we’ve harvested from the Internet. It’s difficult to know for sure.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead LogStream Integrations, a remote-first, diverse and cross-functional team of Engineers responsible for unlocking the machine data that fuels our platform. As a senior engineering manager, you will be leading a team of systems and UI engineers who are committed to shipping high-quality software at a regular cadence. This is a fully remote position reporting into the Engineering organization. Your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship and project direction; thus helping the team overcome any challenges they encounter. This is a hands-on leadership role where you will balance responsibilities that span people management while staying closely involved in the design, development, testing and release of our products.Responsibilities:
- Build, coach, mentor and grow a cross functional team of exceptional engineers focusing on third party integrations with Cribl LogStream.
- Set a bar for technical excellence in product development with focus on design robustness and quality of code.
- Lead the team in driving and implementing projects from idea formulation, design, implementation, and testing.
- Foster a “customer first” mindset by aligning the team toward outcomes that will delight our clients.
- Grow and build a robust and diverse team through hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top talent.
- Collaborate with other leaders to drive alignment between cross functional teams within the company.
- Balance addressing tactical problems with the team while also maintaining a strategic focus on future initiatives.
- Establish a strong partnership with product management and product operations team members to refine, prioritize and execute the product roadmap.
- Identify and drive key initiatives that help achieve operational excellence.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple distributed teams of engineers spanning a full stack of back and front end technologies.
- Previous hands on experience in building system integrations with a background either in backend or full stack software development.
- Experience building and deploying software in a SaaS environment is a big plus
- Experience hiring, training, and mentoring high performing engineers to fulfill all aspects of software development and maintenance.
- Experience leading fully remote engineering teams in a fast-paced, Agile environment is a big plus
- Experience working directly with customers when troubleshooting technical issues and/or collaboration on feature enhancements.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes
- BS CS/EE or equivalent practical experience with 10+ years of industry experience, including 4+ years in a technical leadership role
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan offered
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development and Career Growth
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy, including 2 Floating Holidays to use for holidays you observe
- Social Responsibility Employee Group that reflects our value-driven company culture
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.