We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Part of the Shopping and Fulfillment Pillar, the Fulfillment Platform team at Instacart is responsible for building software and services that the rest of the organization builds upon. You will be responsible for the long term architecture of Fulfillment systems. As part of that you will be responsible for breaking down our systems into a service oriented architecture. You will work closely with the Marketplace team on building the best platform for them to run their machine learning systems on. You will continue to scale the systems to handle the demand and growth at Instacart. The platform team is also responsible for Fulfillment uptime and you will work across the org to set up processes and policies in place for our systems to be more reliable. You will also be the champion for all the foundational work all across the organization.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You build for the customer, define the product roadmap and help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems and tools your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- An inspirational and effective leader in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be highly adaptive.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of Senior/Staff Software Engineers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience with full-stack development and Cloud Infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills and an even stronger sense of ownership
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.