Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we're advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, Stride, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team.
We're scaling up our existing team in Mountain View, California to speed up the delivery of several enterprise features including change management, and HIPAA, FSI and FedRAMP compliance. This platform team is also responsible to drive the transformation of the company to better support enterprise customers. Atlassian's growth is primarily driven by enterprise customer and we are seeing rapid adoption our our cloud products by these customers.
The ideal candidate has led highly effective development teams of managers, engineers, and architects in the cloud software space. You'll benefit from extensive technical prowess in the cloud-native space, with experience operating at scale across a diverse set of technologies. The role will also require exceptional written and verbal communication in the pursuit of driving the mission forward.
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You to Have:
- Extensive engineering management experience, following Agile development processes with history shipping cloud services, preferably in a platform
- Experience as an engineering leader driving outcomes through influence on other teams, some of which are not co-located .
- Experience managing managers , and a track record of successfully scaling organizations
- Experience building and nurturing cultures of operational excellence, shipping high quality products to enterprise customers
- Experience in building new teams from scratch
- Ability to define and effectively communicate technical vision, and inspire the organization around a shared vision for success
- Ability to communicate directly and clearly, with a strong emphasis on careful listening.
- Previous exposure to making business-level tradeoffs , balancing the needs of our customers with those of our business and clearly communicating the rationale behind your decisions.
- Good instincts matched with deep analytical thinking. You're comfortable defining and tracking key business and usage success metrics, but also recognize that metrics never tell the whole story.
- Real passion to understand customer needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems rather than focussing on technology as an end in itself.
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
- 15+ years of experience working in software engineering organizations.
- 8+ years of Engineering leadership, including hiring and leading leaders.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .