Senior Engineering Manager, Developer Productivity at Reddit
“The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
The Core Platform team has the mission to build and deliver the essential platform services and behind all of Reddit. As part of that org, the Developer Productivity team owns the design, development, support tools, libraries, and processes that make common developer workflows efficient and reliable.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, to take on and grow the team that allows us to develop, build, test, stage, and deploy changes to Reddit’s services hundreds of times per day.
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of software engineers.
- Design, engineer and deliver the systems and workflows that allow Reddit’s engineers to deploy to production safely, quickly and reliably.
- Be responsible for setting and maintaining SLOs around deploy frequency, throughput and failure rates.
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a coherent vision for Reddit’s common code libraries to enable increased productivity and product capabilities.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set and support a culture of metrics driven quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- 3+ years experience of managing a team of software engineers.
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software.
- 3+ years experience working on developer tools, CI/CD systems, library development, and API design.
- Strong track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development.
- Software development experience in one or more of our general purpose programming languages; Golang, Node.js, Python, Rust
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.