Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
As the Senior Engineering Manager for our Data Platform team, you will lead the team responsible for the systems that enables company-wide data science and analytics. By implementing sufficient instrumentation, designing intuitive data models,and building batch/streaming pipelines, your team will allow for mechanical investigation and optimization of the business. By developing self-serve tools, your team will empower executives, PMs, Ops to understand company performance at a glance and uncover insights to support decision making. Finally, by building capabilities for forecasting, alerting, and experimentation, your team will enable more, better, and faster decisions.
- Have company-wide impact and executive-level visibility as you build out our data and analytics platform
- Hire and coach a team of 5+
- Lead your team and collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement a new data architecture from the ground up to instrument Opendoor’s products and services
- Tackle unique challenges from combining a variety of online and offline data, not just big data
- Expand team’s scope as we quickly grow the team
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Analytics leaders to instrument our products and services, provide end-to-end visibility into business performance and empower personalized product experience for our customers
- Manage and coach a team of 5+ software engineers and data engineers to architect a company-wide analytics platform to drive decision making
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Business Analytics to design new data models and enable self-serve data exploration
- Build metric forecasting and alerting services to perform proactive monitoring
- Work with Data Science to extend our experimentation platform to support Bayesian testing and online learning
- 3+ years of experience as a data or software engineer
- Additional 3+ years managing a data or software engineering team
- Exceptional system design skills including breaking down complex problems into functional components and building for scale
- Passionate about data and democratizing learnings Strong people management skills and ability to grow the team
- Expertise in applying software design principles with a focus on craftsmanship
- Ability to understand the needs of stakeholders, translate those into business requirements, and architect systems that can accommodate them over time
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description