Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 200,000 global customers (including a majority of the Fortune 100), we're advancing the power of collaboration with products including Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team.
About the role:
Confluence is a market leading product to enable teams to build, organize, and collaborate on work in one place from virtually anywhere. It is used actively and trusted by millions of users in 75,000+ organizations. It has a thriving marketplace with 3,000+ apps to integrate with.
You'll be leading the growth engineering team for Confluence Cloud, reporting to the head of engineering for Confluence Cloud. You'll be responsible for building engineering teams to own and deliver key new features for our customers and to expand the depth of existing features while maintaining and improving service level objectives (SLOs). You will be leading and growing a large team of engineers, strengthening a team culture of quality, innovation, and efficiency, with a relentless focus on customer needs. You will partner with your product and design peers to take full ownership of business outcomes.
We believe you'll be fully engaged and challenged, merging your real-world business instincts and understanding with technical skills to innovate and impact the company. You are comfortable working across multiple disciplines within a dynamic, fast-growing company to deliver awesome outcomes. You'll bring order and focus while leaving room for flexibility and innovation.
The ideal candidate has led highly effective development teams of managers, engineers, and architects in the cloud software space. You'll benefit from extensive technical prowess in the cloud-native space, with experience operating at scale across a diverse set of technologies. The role will also require exceptional written and verbal communication in the pursuit of driving the mission forward.
On the first day, what we'll expect you to have:
- Extensive engineering management experience, following Agile development processes with history shipping user-facing products, preferably in a cloud platform.
- Experience as an engineering leader driving outcomes through influence on other teams, some of which are not co-located or could be remote.
- Experience managing a team of more than 50 engineers with multiple managers as direct reports, and a track record of successfully scaling organizations.
- Experience building and nurturing cultures of SLA-driven operational excellence, shipping high quality products to enterprise customers.
- Ability to define and effectively communicate technical vision, and inspire the organization around a shared vision for success.
- Ability to communicate directly and clearly, with a strong emphasis on active listening.
- Previous exposure to making business-level tradeoffs, balancing the needs of our customers with those of our business and clearly communicating the rationale behind your decisions.
- Good instincts matched with deep analytical thinking. You're comfortable defining and tracking key business and usage success metrics, but also recognize that metrics never tell the whole story.
- Real passion to understand customer needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems rather than focussing on technology as an end in itself.
- Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
- 10+ years of product and/or platform software development experience working in software engineering organizations.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineering manager; 5+ years of experience managing multiple managers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .