Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle. Hundreds of thousands of developers around the globe trust Mattermost to increase their productivity by bringing together team communication, task and project management, and workflow orchestration into a unified platform for agile software development.
Founded in 2016, Mattermost’s open source platform powers over 800,000 workspaces worldwide with the support of over 4,000 contributors from across the developer community. The company serves over 800 customers, including European Parliament, NASA, Nasdaq, Samsung, SAP, United States Air Force and Wealthfront, and is backed by world-class investors including Battery Ventures, Redpoint, S28 Capital, YC Continuity. To learn more, visit www.mattermost.com.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you'll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering to help manage and scale our Cloud development teams. In this role, you’ll work with a distributed team of engineers all across the globe. This is a fully remote/distributed position with the opportunity to have a real impact on the teams you manage, as well as our product offerings.
- Manage a globally distributed team of engineers.
- Scale the team by developing and executing a hiring roadmap.
- Ensure team success by leading our onboarding and performance management processes.
- Develop and implement an on-call program and manage customer escalations.
- Develop project plans to align your team’s work with the company's product strategy and plans.
- Manage software projects for your teams.
- Maintain status, identify and resolve roadblocks, and communicate status both inside and outside your teams.
- Ensure alignment with proper development standards and coding practices.
- Interact with customers as necessary to ensure a great customer experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams and 8+ years of hands-on experience working as a software engineer building SaaS products.
- Experience delivering software in a highly available SaaS environment.
- Experience implementing and maintaining compliance certifications and frameworks, such as SOC2, HIPPA, PCI, FedRamp, etc.
- Experience owning and managing on-call, and dealing with customer escalations. Ability to dive deep when necessary and help the team solve problems and make the right decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow engineers that you’ve managed.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality software based on a defined plan and a proven track record of supporting services with high availability (99.99%+)
- Experience with performance management and defining and delivering on a hiring roadmap.
- Strong experience with build and orchestration tools we use: Jenkins, CircleCI, FastLane, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia - Bangladesh - Brazil - Bulgaria - Canada - Chile - Colombia - Finland - Georgia - Germany - Greece - India - Ireland - Mauritius - Mexico - Norway - Pakistan - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Spain - South Korea - Suriname - Turkey - Uganda - Ukraine - United Kingdom - United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don't discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
More Information on Mattermost
Mattermost operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Palo Alto, CA. Mattermost was founded in 2011. It has 165 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Remote Work Program, Paid Holidays and Paid Sick Days. To see all 40 open jobs at Mattermost, click here.
Read Full Job Description