Senior Engineering Manager, Cash App Pay at Cash App (Remote)
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. What started in 2013 as a way to easily transfer money between friends and family, Cash App has evolved to bring ways to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to more than 70 million customers. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We've been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices. We tailor our experience to champion our employees' creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers .
Cash App Pay is a retail payment network that leverages our vast omni-channel Seller ecosystem at Square to create innovative payment experiences through Cash App as showcased on shop.cash.app
As an engineering manager of the core product team, you'll work with an established team of server engineers with ownership of payment processing and ledgering, risk and dispute management, and the settlement process. You'll also be responsible for managing stakeholders across Cash App and Square to ensure the solutions you develop work with their systems and meet the reliability and scalability required to deliver first-in-class customer experiences. You'll be joining the founding team early in the product lifecycle (no legacy work here!), with plenty of opportunities to continue shaping it from an engineering and product-perspective.
- Manage and grow a team of experienced and passionate server engineers
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- 12 or more years of software development or equivalent experience
- 4 or more years experience directly managing engineers
- Experience in the payment processing and/or banking industry
- Working knowledge of the common components and flows of US payment systems (Merchants, Acquirer Banks, Issuers bank, Dual-message vs single-message payments)
- Experience owning products with Service Level Objectives and Agreements
- A history of healthy collaboration with stakeholders on developing roadmaps and working towards them
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, our software).
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others.
Tools we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, and Guice
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- MySQL, TiDB
- Amazon Web Services
- Event-driven microservice architecture
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.