Senior Engineering Manager, Android Platform at Reddit
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
As the Engineering Manager on Reddit’s Android Platform Team, you’ll use your engineering, infrastructure, and leadership skills to deliver a performant experience to millions of Redditors, and lead the architectural decision-making of Reddit’s Android engineering organization. You'll collaborate cross-functionally to innovate and replace our internal frameworks and tooling to help Reddit’s feature teams write performant code without a second thought. This is a critical role for enabling Reddit's future growth plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, hire and lead a high-calibre team of software engineers.
- Be responsible for setting and maintaining performance, latency, and efficiency SLOs.
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a coherent vision for performance and platform quality that supports and enables Reddit’s growth into new product capabilities.
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team to further their professional development.
- Set and support a culture of metrics driven quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
Who You Might Be:
- Preferred: 5-10 years experience of leading a team of software engineers, as a people manager.
- 8+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in Mobile development, or Platform development roles.
- Experience in Android native mobile platform.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages and mobile frameworks; Java, Kotlin, Bash, Python.
- Strong organizational skills, Influential skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule.
- Excellent communication, planning & collaboration skills
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].