Senior Engineering Manager - ADAS at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics Auburn Hills
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: AUBURN HILLS
Magna's ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna's electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It's our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we'll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
The ADAS Senior Manager is responsible for driving key advances in equipment selection to deliver process improvements, lead technical problem solving relating to ADAS products as well ensuring best practice and read across between all Divisions for their subject matter of expertise
- Implement group level strategy for equipment and process that supports the current product road map and business plan
- Develop standardization of equipment selection across all ADAS product lines, ensuring global standardization is a key driver
- Implement assembly process that can handle all derivatives of camera assembly to allow flexibility and efficient use of capital
- Maintain and review ADAS section of Capex planning ensuring this meets with the Group targets
- Provide deep dive technical support for ADAS related concerns for both pre-production and serial production to Divisions and Engineering
- Ensure on time and accurate support for business group quotations, determining cost drivers and Capex requirements in support to Divisional IE team
- Define and implement KPI's to demonstrate clear progress in manufacturing principles
- Develop standardized commissioning plan for new equipment installs, including support of new EEU footprint
- Provide support and leadership for LiDAR and Radar industrialization, ensuring best practice and read across is carried over to each Division as product range grows
- Implement industry 4.0 initiatives to area of expertise to keep Magna ahead of the competition
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics or Manufacturing Engineering
- 4-8 years' relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above)
- Automotive electronics (mandatory)
- 5 years within a high-volume Electronics Manufacturing plant
- Knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel)
- Knowledge of analysis and engineering tools such as version control/configuration management
- Knowledge of key equipment embedded software packages
- Extensive knowledge of key equipment requirements within the electronics industry
- Extensive knowledge of ADAS manufacturing concepts
- Knowledge of key global partners delivering solutions for key process steps
- Knowledge of structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques
- Working knowledge in structured engineering approach
- Working knowledge of global equipment capacity and utilization
- Working knowledge of technical cleanliness requirements in the automotive industry
- Equipment vendor quotation evaluation and assessment
- Capex allocation and cost impact in Global Cost Model (GCM)
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit