Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who care about empowering your peers to understand their services.
Observability Platforms is a small team focused on creating visibility into DigitalOcean’s services and infrastructure. Our systems collect billions of data points a day from thousands of systems and are used by hundreds of internal engineers. Through a mix of open source services and in-house developed software we seek to consistently and reliably improve the ability of DigitalOcean engineers to understand the behavior of their services.What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, writing and running the systems that provide visibility into how the services that comprise our cloud are operating and performing to teams throughout the company
- Providing guidance to other engineers on how they can best utilize our systems to gain confidence that their services are performing as expected
- Collaborating with other teams on how we can improve our systems to provide the visibility they need into theirs
- Working with interesting technologies such as Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Go, Docker, Kafka and more.
- Have opportunities to contribute back to the open source software that we rely on
- A desire to learn about and participate in building and operating large scale observability systems.
- Experience developing, testing, and shipping reliable code
- Experience utilizing automation and orchestration tools
- A reliability focused mindset
- A desire to learn and become an expert at operating and utilizing Observability and Monitoring tools such as Elasticsearch, Prometheus, TimescaleDB, Grafana, and more.
- An ability to work well as part of a distributed team.
- A customer focused mindset.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!