Senior Engineer - Mission System Integration and Test at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Engineer – Mission System Integration and Test
Member of the Mission System Integration Team with responsibilities to validate the Collection Segment prior to launch with continued mission integration and test activities post-launch for mission capability enhancements.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, release, and maintain the SV to ground ICD and all ICDs with external interfaces.
- Provide support to development of the mission CONOPS and functional baseline.
- Define simulator requirements and use-cases to support Collection Segment and Mission Integration & Test activities.
- Work closely with the verification lead to develop the mission level verification plan.
- Develop and implement the Mission Test Plan and Mission-level Test Procedures.
- Ensure all simulator, Ground Support Equipment, network interfaces and other resources are identified and in place to support mission level testing.
- Lead mission-level test activities. These tests include but not limited to early data exchanges, risk-reduction activities, end-to-end data verification, space to ground compatibility, factory compatibility, and multi-segment testing.
- Provide support for operations and launch rehearsal development and execution.
- Provide planning and execution of continuous Mission System Integrations and Test activities post-launch due to issue resolution, space vehicle software updates, ground system updates, and operations updates.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with mission operations.
- Experience with mission integration and test – pre-launch and post-launch.
- Highly desired skills: MBSE, Ground and flight system integration experience, Large Program Test Director/Conductor Experience, Linux OS, software scripting, COTS hardware, and computer networks.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively lead group discussions, ability to set priorities and delegate as required to meet all objectives.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) - CAM experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $129,500 - $163,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.