Chainalysis has become known as the leader in blockchain investigation and compliance software. Our products have built trust in blockchains by taking down terrorist financing campaigns, disrupting major ransomware operations, identifying the Twitter hackers, and more.
Now, we are building the blockchain data platform for cryptocurrency. Infrastructure Engineers contribute to that vision by empowering the full-stack and backend engineers on their teams to deliver products customers rely on every day to stop crime, understand risk, and strategize about their business. Alongside building the tools, pipelines, and observability engineers need to iterate fast and operate their own services safely, infrastructure engineers work closely with their teammates to evangelize and automate dev-ops best practices. They are thought leaders in designing the scalable, highly available, and secure distributed systems powering the best-in-class insights into blockchain activity that enable our customers to push the boundaries of the cryptocurrency landscape.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have reduced the friction in an engineer’s day-to-day workflow by improving existing CI processes, implementing continuous delivery, and building easy to deploy infrastructure as code modules.
- You’ve improved the monitoring and observability of our infrastructure, services, and applications.
- You’ve configured and deployed highly available and secure infrastructure with tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- 90% of the day-to-day tasks from your first few months have been fully automated.
- You have worked closely with security engineers to introduce security guardrails and evangelize common-sense, strategic secure development best practices.
- You have debugged production issues and participated in a blameless post-mortem process to make our systems stronger.
- You have participated in a cross-functional project where your influence and contribution accelerated engineering velocity.
- Other engineers up and down the stack see you as a key advisor when they are considering new architectures and opportunities to leverage cloud technologies.
A background like this helps:
- Progressive and extensive experience in a development operations role or similar function, with a track record of building, maintaining, and launching new offerings in cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Experience running Java in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with core AWS offerings
- Prior success implementing and scaling infrastructure as code using Terraform (or another tool) or migrating existing infrastructure processes to that model
- Experience constructing and maintaining GitOps deployment pipelines
- Experience operating cloud-native software with Kubernetes and working collaboratively with developers to promote uptime and ambitious SLA’s
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.