Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about building features that developers love!
DigitalOcean’s Compute/Network/Storage (CNS) organization is a distributed team that builds and operates cloud-scale Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) products for both internal and external customers. We’re creating flexible and powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to ship their software as quickly, easily, and safely as possible.
The CNS team supports the development and operations of all DigitalOcean’s IaaS products including compute (droplet), storage (Block, Object and Backup) and networking (Firewalls, DNS, VPC and LBaaS). We are looking for an engineer who will help architect, develop and support current and future platforms at scale, with a specific focus on storage products. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to make impactful contributions to key software, contribute to the open source community, and debug interesting problems at cloudscale. This role reports to the Senior Director of CNS and is currently only available remotely.What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading engineering efforts to deliver innovative storage solutions
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems
- Developing long term roadmaps for storage architectures to support DigitalOcean’s growth both for internal and external customers.
- Partnering with networking, hardware, capacity planning and various software teams within DigitalOcean.
- Programming in Go, C++, and other languages
- Collaborating with an agile, self-motivated team of peers
- Consuming from and contributing to free/open source software communities
- Solving interesting problems in a technically rewarding environment
- A passion for designing, developing, testing, and shipping well-engineered code
- Experience with Linux operating systems and strong networking fundamentals
- Familiarity with automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Chef
- Familiarity with cloud native technologies and protocols (containerization, REST, gRPC)
- Mastery of storage technologies from hardware/media, to protocols and scaling architectures.
- Familiarity with networking technologies and protocols with focus on building performant, large-scale distributed storage systems.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!