Senior Engineer, HD Maps at Motional
We are seeking talented Software Engineer to join us in building the next generation Mapping Software to create large, accurate, and safe HD Maps, fast. We are building a mapping system that supports mapping at a scale of billions of data points from different sensors and data sources used by hundreds of users and operators spread out across different cities and time zones in Asia and the United States of America. HD Maps enable our autonomous cars to navigate from point A to point B. It is a critical set of information to make the smartest safe decisions on the road. With an ever expanding footprint of mapped areas, we enable teams of researchers, engineers, testers, and operators across the entire company to explore uncharted territory by enabling our self-driving cars to learn from new environments and go where no other self-driving car has gone before.
We are seeking talented Software Engineers to help develop and roll out the next generation of our advanced tools to support autonomous driving.
Things you'll get to work on:
- Design, plan, and implement future improvements of the mapping backend system for scalability and performance
- Work with large-scale point cloud, image, and other sensor data to build maps for our growing fleet of self-driving cars
- Support full software development life cycle
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team to build cloud competencies
- Write high quality, idiomatic, and maintainable code
Education and Experience we hope you'll come with:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in architecting, designing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS
- Familiarity with Docker, containerization technology, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Serverless Architectures
- Experience in Test Driven Development and writing testable code
- Experience in troubleshooting and tuning systems
- Good knowledge of Python or C++ and OOP principles
- Good knowledge of a particular development ecosystem, such as developing modules, publishing packages and using various dev tools (linting, code analysis)
- Ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of geospatial data, libraries, and tools
- Prior experience with HD Maps and/or mapping for self-driving cars
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.