GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
We believe that our customers deserve the best experience at GoodRx, no matter what platform they use to engage with us and that experimentation and continuous learning will help us build it. You’ll be joining the Flex team focused on building experiments to drive engagement and improve the customer experience across our iOS, Android and Web applications. Your job will be designing, building, and iterating on customer facing flows, as well as experimenting with the cutting edge of iOS, Android, and frontend frameworks to help figure out where we’ll go next. You’re comfortable jumping between stacks, leveraging your wide range of skills to expand and accelerate what the Flex team can do.
- Utilize your mobile and frontend skills to solve customer experience problems.
- Collaborate with the rest of the mobile app and web developers to design frameworks, components, and services that power the app and web features.
- Design, document, and implement app architecture patterns that are stable, flexible, and a pleasure to use.
- Set coding guidelines standards that continually raise the bar of quality in our codebase
- Update and maintain continuous integration tools
- Write unit tests for new features, and improve coverage for existing ones
- Create and participate in code reviews
- Experiment with cutting edge technologies and frameworks for apps and web, building proofs of concepts and analyzing their potential for use with our product offerings.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of native app development experience, including a strong familiarity with iOS and/or Android frameworks using Swift and/or Kotlin
- 3+ years of web development experience, including a strong familiarity with React, Next.js or other modern frontend frameworks
- Experience with standard Apple and/or Android tools such as Interface Builder with auto layout and Xcode Instruments for iOS or Android Studio for Android
- Experience integrating frontend web code with native apps gracefully Deep understanding of core software concepts, including networking, security, memory management, multi-threading, and application life-cycle management
- Knowledge of latest mobile and web emerging technologies, architectures, and trends Familiarity with native apps architecture patterns, including commonly used patterns such as MVVM as well as designing new ones to fit unique needs
- Experience communicating with REST APIs Ability to integrate 3rd party SDKs and APIs
Good to Have:
- Ability to maintain code that supports older versions of app operating systems
- Knowledge of push notification fundamentals Experience with monitoring (Fabric, Crashlytics, Embrace, NewRelic, Datadog, etc.)
- Experience building reusable and shareable iOS/Android components
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.