About the Team:
The Cloud Test team is responsible for all the testing of the cloud projects in Meraki. This includes the development of tests for innovative new features spanning from mobile to performance, as well as developing the testing framework itself to support new use cases and workflows.
Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten million people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for a test automation engineer who is as passionate about quality as we are. Your contributions will make a direct impact on the success of our business!
Potential Projects Include
- Articulating test plans and prioritizing them for automation
- Integrate end-to-end tests into the build pipelines and develop metrics such as test pass rates/importance etc.
- Assisting in the development of our testing framework
- Integrate end to end tests into build pipelines
- Consult on building test plans for our initiatives
- Develop and evangelize good testing practices
- Mentor other engineers on how to write quality tests & improve existing ones
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Have experience in working on automation efforts and delivering effective & scalable solutions
- Prior experience in creating and using test automation frameworks for functional, UI, API, and performance testing.
- Ability to read code and tackle the technical issues
- Take initiative on opportunities to improve the QA process, and to expand test coverage and capabilities.
- Experience with building, supporting, maintaining, and scaling automation in a CI/CD environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with containerization technologies docker, Swarm, or Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Gerrit, Jenkins, and GitLab
- Experience with Mobile testing frameworks
- Experience with networking
- Experience with Rails
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with breathtaking views of the Bay Bridge and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose and Chicago. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco’s vaccination policy.