Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Motional (Pittsburgh, PA)
The Platform Infrastructure Safety Software team designs and develops high quality software to bolster the safety critical applications on the Motional Vehicle platforms. We are a team of engineers who bring a broad experience in software development and leverage this to develop software which pushes the boundaries of what has been achieved in the autonomous vehicle safety space.
The Motional Pittsburgh office is located in the new Hazelwood Green development at 4734 Second Avenue, a culmination of the city’s goal of restoring an economic driver to the neighborhood in a thoughtful, inclusive, and sustainable way. With views along the Monongahela river, the Pittsburgh office is in the heart of this new state of the art development.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing and developing infrastructure software on various hardware platforms for applications such as Vision Processing, Safety Monitoring etc., to be run on self-driving vehicles
- Develop highly reliable and performance software, and supporting that by writing tests at unit, integration and HIL level
- Working on Linux Drivers and embedded hardware drivers, on a variety of hardware architectures
- Providing technical leadership to the team and mentoring other engineers
What We're Looking For:
- Experience writing software for embedded microcontrollers in C++ on Linux/RTOSes
- Experience working with network and hardware interfaces.
- Experience developing unit tests
- Ability to lead a technical initiative, including breaking down work and leading other engineers through execution
Bonus Points (not required):
- Experience working directly with the Linux kernel is a plus
- Experience working on python/golang/shell scripting
Why you should join us:
- This is an unique opportunity where you will be able to form the foundation for developing cutting edge algorithms on Motional’s self driving vehicle platforms. All the while helping to drive strong engineering practices in the embedded software space.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.