Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Des Moines, IA or Remote)
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Urbandale
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Senior Embedded Software Engineer - 90051
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
- Design, develop and test software for enterprise programming and infrastructure solutions within Integrated Solutions Group (ISG)
- Operate in a scrum team environment on varying project scope and direction from a project lead
- Support the team with concept, development and testing of solutions
- Providing direction for any software contractors or other software teams working with reprogramming team
What Skills You Need
- Proficient in software product development using C++, C, Python and scripting languages
- Training or experience with Object-Oriented Analysis/Design (OOA/D) and multi-threaded systems
- Experience that demonstrates you are a self-starter, and able to work well without close direction
- Demonstrated capability performing in an engineering team environment and interfacing with engineers and personnel of other disciplines. Including leading development projects, architecture development and mentoring team members.
- Experience with software application development and software reprogramming experience.
- Support the team with concept, development, leading stand-ups, supporting team and testing of solutions
- Experience with software life-cycle management, software best practices
- Minimum of 5 years of software industry experience
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience using Linux, Jenkins, Windows, UI frameworks, embedded software
- Experience with J1939, UDS protocols for programming and communication
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and software test automation
- Experience with software application development and software payload configuration management
- Advanced Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or Technology related discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.