Senior Distributed Protocol Engineer at Ava Labs (Remote)
Applicant Privacy Notice
Want to be a part of the fastest-growing blockchain company? Ava Labs makes it simple to launch applications using Avalanche, a smart contracts platform with 800k+ monthly active users. Avalanche is the fastest blockchain, measured by time to finality, and one of the fastest-growing in crypto – with hundreds of dapps and $12B+ in total economic value locked.
Founded by the creators of Avalanche, Ava Labs strives to digitize every asset in the world. In addition to building Avalanche and other tools to support the ecosystem, we offer expertise to ensure that all individuals and organizations can seamlessly use Avalanche and its vibrant app ecosystem. Join us as we empower people to easily and freely digitize all the world’s assets on one open, programmable blockchain platform.
This is a chance to work on an entirely new product built on a bleeding edge technology from the ground up. It's a chance to contribute to open source libraries that thousands of developers around the world are eager to incorporate into their smart contracts and Subnet Virtual Machines. The sky is the limit in terms of what impact this engineer can have.
- Design and implement Byzantine fault tolerant networking and cryptographic protocols in Go and Rust
- Integrate threshold signature and zero knowledge protocols into AvalancheGo and third party Subnets.
- Read peer-reviewed, published academic papers to understand the latest in distributed systems, cryptography, and security
- Intensively verify critical cryptographic and networking protocols with testing, fuzzing, and formal verification
- Write detailed protocol documents for both internal and public consumption
- Work with engineers who have secured more than $60B in cross-chain transfers
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Rust programming exposure or willingness to pick it up quickly
- 1+ yrs of hands-on blockchain, consensus protocols, distributed systems or applied cryptography (professional OR independent)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with GitHub, git, GitHub Actions Continuous Integration
- Cloud Infrastructure (AWS), TLS/gRPC networking basics, Docker
- Understanding of cryptography basics, distributed systems, computer systems security, static analysis, and linters
- Cryptography / multi party computation / threshold signatures experience is a plus
- Golang experience is a plus
WHY AVA LABS?
We're a global, world-class team of experts in computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and law with offices in New York City and Miami. We're highly passionate about Web3 and redefining the way people build and use finance and decentralized applications of all kinds. The company received early-stage funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, and Polychain Capital, with angel investments from Balaji Srinivasan and Naval Ravikant.
Ava Labs is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.