Senior Director, Solutions Architect - Capital One Software (Remote Eligible)
Capital One has taken a bold journey to build a technology company while operating in a complex, highly regulated business. We have built out a large engineering organization, moved to the cloud, re-architected our applications and data platforms, and embraced machine learning at scale.
Our AI/ML capabilities are now at the forefront of what's possible in banking. (e.g., Eno). As we uncovered new challenges along the way, we built and battle tested new capabilities to meet those needs. We've open sourced several of the software tools we built (e.g., Cloud Custodian, Hygieia) and forged new partnerships with other digital leaders (e.g., MSFT).
Through this journey, we've developed a suite of internal solutions uniquely designed to meet the challenges of a digital-first, cloud-first business at scale. The Capital One Software team is exploring how these internal solutions across cloud, data, governance, and applications could serve the needs of other companies born or built in the cloud.
The Capital One Software team is looking for experienced and collaborative pre-sales leaders to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking for leaders who love learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. We need innovative leaders who can look beyond the technology and consider the value our technology creates for our customers, and can help change how our technology is viewed to enable outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect, technical pre-sales, or a similar role and experience managing a team of Solution Architects. You will have an ability to grow your leadership skills as well as diving deep into various hands-on solutions while developing new skills, so you can make strong contributions in architecture transformation discussions.
- Drive architecture/design reviews focused on business requirements
- Design, plan and manage architectural projects
- Lead team, provide coaching and development, and resource management
- Support architecture governance by providing subject matter expertise
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs
- Manage a team
- Manage to performance metrics
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 7 years of experience with design, implementation, or consulting experience of distributed applications
- At least 5 years of experience managing technical, customer facing solution architects
- At least 5 years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
- History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).