Senior DevSecOps Engineer at BrainGu (Charlotte, NC)
The Senior DevSecOps position is embedded in a multidisciplinary implementation team. This team is tasked with creating and deploying solutions under tight time frames. The ideal candidate will be a battle hardened DevSecOps or site reliability engineer. They will be flexible and willing to learn. They will gain a little expertise in all of the team’s roles in order to better integrate.Job Duties:
- Provide technical guidance to the team.
- Responsible for contributing to the architecture development, and expanding DevSecOps capabilities.
- Work to improve both developer and user efficiency.
- Responsible for tactical delivery, managing resources against timelines, and may task team members to meeting project goals
- Report to a Product Manager or Principal-level engineer and will frequently interact with Stakeholders.
- This position requires a US TS/SCI Government Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience working with CI/CD techniques using DevOps technology, automated configuration management, microservices orchestration, and cloud platforms
- 3-5 years experience with Docker, or similar containerization/virtualization software.
- 3-5 years experience programming or scripting in a major language
- 3-5 years experience with cybersecurity such as hardening systems and compliance regimens
- 1-3 years of software defined networking, ephemeral computing concepts, and providing technical leadership
- Experience with the following:
- Kubernetes (container orchestration)
- DoD Enterprise DevSecOps Ref Design
- GitLab CI
- Previous military or DOD consulting experience
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for birth or adoption.
- 31 days of PTO, which includes federal holidays.
- 85% paid healthcare premiums for you, your spouse, and dependents.
- 401k matching (up to 5%) with immediate vesting.
- $10k “Brain Budget” to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- $1,500 “Battle Station Budget” to outfit your home office with maximum RGB.
- A monthly cell phone and internet stipend.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
At BrainGu, we develop custom mission-critical software tools and environments that empower organizations and operators to solve real-world challenges and continuously improve capabilities.
We build customer-facing systems that operators love, and critical mission systems that users might never know existed. Clients seek out BrainGu to automate high-impact workflows, revitalize projects, jumpstart new innovation efforts, and analyze/integrate truly unusual systems.
BrainGu provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.