Senior DevSecOps Engineer - GitLab/Kubernetes at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Senior DevSecOps Engineer - GitLab/Kubernetes
What You’ll Do:
- Be part of the DevSecOps Platform team to champion a culture of automation, collaboration, and learning.
- Create, maintain, and extend build infrastructure including automated builds, database migrations, and integration/regression testing.
- Collaborate with teams to design and implement pipeline stages that meet business objectives.
- Provide software configuration management. Troubleshoot and resolve issues within the pipeline stages.
- Building capabilities that will ensure quality and facilitate the rapid, secure, reliable deployment of applications.
- Collaborate with team members and business users to clarify requirements and confirm design/implementation.
- Foster a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Train and collaborate others to evangelize the DevSecOps culture.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills.
- Interest in learning new skills and keeping pace with changing technologies.
- A passion for DevOps tools and culture along with experience in DevOps/CI/CD processes.
- Experience developing tools and/or automation frameworks.
- Experience in the following:
- GitLab and Atlassian stacks
- Containerization with Docker or Kubernetes (RedHat OpenShift, Docker Enterprise, etc.)
- Experience with source control automation
- Git source control and branching strategies.
- Scripting specifically around configuration and automation with PowerShell or equivalent languages.
- Building Continuous Integration pipelines.
- Experience with any of the following technologies preferred.
- Cloud management within Azure or AWS
- Service-oriented or microservices architecture and distributed application design principles
- System Administration and/or Software Developer experience
- Azure DevOps Server/Services
- Linux Administration
- NuGet and/or Maven Package Management.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.