Hologram is looking for an experienced engineer to build modern, robust web services to reinvent the phone company from the bottom up, or maybe from the inside out. Someone with pride in their craft, with the drive to learn new approaches to deliver great experiences, the judgment to know the next big thing from the fads, and the patience to teach the rest of the team.What you'll do
- Write code to provision and manage our infrastructure on Amazon Web Services in CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Research new ways to migrate parts of the cellular connectivity stack to run in cloud-hosted containers.
- Increase the velocity of the development team by enabling a faster test and deployment feedback loop with CI/CD
- Empower development teams to self service their infrastructure needs.
- Manage and secure our network resources.
- Work with development teams to provide insight into best practices around infrastructure and services.
What should excite you about Hologram
- A different kind of technical challenge. More than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world.
- We’re committed to writing software the right way, using best practices to write high quality code and giving engineers the space and autonomy to do excellent work.
- Transparency all across the company, including salaries, the cap table, and how many dollars are in the bank.
- Hologram engineers work up and down the stack, and are actively encouraged to cross-train in new areas of computer science they haven’t worked with before.
- We collaborate across departments, working directly with designers and product managers to decide what to build and how it will work.
Helpful skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing platforms like AWS, infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, and containerized software lifecycle management and concepts, preferably in Docker.
- Excitement to get under the hood, find out how things work, and how to make them better.
- Scripting experience with Unix shells and/or Python.
- The ability to take broad goals and turn them into specific plans, working through corner cases and obstacles, and exercising judgment along the way.
- You know where and how you do your best work, and what you need to stay in the zone.
- A talent for moving fast, both in time to first release on a new feature, and on long-running systems code that’s easy to maintain.
- Eagerness to continue to learn and grow, at any stage of your career.
Hologram is a fun, fast-paced, and remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary range for this role is $119,000-$209,000 for an average cost of living city. (For candidates in the highest cost-of-living cities like San Francisco and New York, compensation rises to better meet your costs.)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% coverage of your medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (and 80% for your family members!)
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Unlimited books, e-books, and audiobooks for continuous learning
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, please still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.