Pluralsight's Flow product is an organizational tool, pioneering a different way of measuring and communicating about productivity in software engineering. By mining data in Git, we are able to increase visibility about team contributions, see where the biggest impact is being made, identify areas to give concrete feedback, and help teams understand how process changes impact the team's effectiveness.
The Flow DevOps Team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us build and maintain infrastructure that supports Flow's many features. You'll combine skills from DevOps/SRE, systems administration, and software development to influence product architecture and evolution by crafting reliable cloud-based infrastructure for internal and external services.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer for Pluralsight's Flow product, you'll work closely with engineering and product teams and participate in significant engineering projects across the business unit. You'll collaborate with passionate engineers across different levels of experience and backgrounds. A lot of your work will involve improving existing systems, building new infrastructure, evaluating tools and eliminating toil. This position is remote friendly and available in the USA.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Pluralsight, you will:
- Design, maintain and improve automation
- Build CI/CD orchestration
- Diagnose and debug production incidents and then improve systems to prevent the problem from recurring
- Collaborate with software development teams
- Mentor junior engineers
- Manage multiple projects with an eye on high quality and timely delivery
Your Professional Profile
- Experience working with container deployment and orchestration technologies with knowledge of fundamentals including service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm and Docker preferred.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and resolving root cause of service issues.
- You have proven skills to effectively work across teams and functions to influence design, operations and deployment of highly available software.
- Experience with running multi-cluster Kubernetes environments
- Experience writing Terraform to provision cloud infrastructure
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud
environment, preferably AWS.
- Experience with distributed cloud service development, infrastructure,
traffic management and architecture.
- Experience with optimized and scalable software that operates on a large number of nodes.
As our team works across multiple areas, you should be curious and interested in learning new things. We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- Database administration
- Web application design and development
- Open source software involvement
Technologies and tools you'll use and interact with here:
- OS: Ubuntu LTS
- Tools: Github, Datadog, OpsGenie, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins, Prometheus, Ansible
- AWS: EC2, RDS, ECS, VPC, Route53, ELB, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, IAM, EKS, MSK