At H1 we are creating a healthier future by delivering a platform that connects stakeholders across the healthcare ecosystem for greater collaboration and discovery. We believe providing a trusted and single source of truth for healthcare professional information will power connections in healthcare - and that these connections will lead us to a healthier future. Visit h1.co to learn more about us.
The DevOps team is responsible for all aspects of application & infrastructure operations and deployment for our cloud applications. H1 is growing fast, and we are expanding to more countries and offering an expanded catalog of web applications and data-oriented services. So our DevOps team must grow too!
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT H1
As a part of the DevOps team, you will be working with stakeholders across the company to ensure that the services the DevOps team provides improve visibility, reliability, consistency, and availability of our data, development, and production infrastructures.
- Automate provisioning of AWS resources to allow complete self-service for engineering teams
- Build and maintain full CI/CD automation, provide required tooling and also help other teams to build their pipelines and run their services efficiently
- Troubleshoot deployment or system issues and work with necessary teams to resolve them
- Increase site reliability and availability, including end-to-end performance, service monitoring, alerting, capacity sizing, and planning
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- Work with production and development team to troubleshoot reported technical issues
- Participate in PoC for new cloud-based services and tools
- Perform infrastructure usage analysis and cost optimization
- Ensure proper knowledge transfer amongst the DevOps team to promote proper and innovative use of cloud services
- Own your contributions from planning, through, coding, testing, and releasing your work
You are an experienced DevOps engineer that is comfortable spending time in a regulated, high availability, high user, web application, and “big data” space. You're responsible for developing innovative, flexible, and scalable solutions, and driving the automation and adoption of DevOps processes on the cloud. You’re as comfortable building out an on-demand infrastructure as you are improving response time or deploying new code with no user impact. You have run a production operations environment with four nines system availability. Your natural inclination is to work collaboratively, to be transparent, and seek and give feedback continuously.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Possess strong and proven experience in understanding various/complex application architecture to support setting up Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), and Continuous Testing
- Have an agile development background and history of working in highly agile environments
- Have strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Be a great human who contributes to an amazing, accepting, and diverse culture
- 6+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS cloud infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience with containers and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Broad knowledge of cloud service landscape and demonstrated proficiency with core AWS services (EC2, RDS, IAM, ECS, EKS, Route53, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, and ability to build CI/CD pipelines
- Scripting experience of automating using shell and python, and background in Linux administration
- Experience as a Developer working with modern web applications and tooling (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket, Jira, etc)
- Have rolled out infrastructure automation for 24x7 SaaS applications
- Experience with DataDog is a plus
- Experience with networking (HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, SSH, Firewall, VPN, Routing and Load Balancing) is a plus
Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter!
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- A full suite of health insurance options, in addition to Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible work hours & the opportunity to work from anywhere, with optional commuter benefits
- Investment in your success by providing you with the skills, knowledge, and mentorship to make you successful
- An opportunity to work with leading biotech and life sciences companies, in an innovative industry with a mission to improve healthcare around the globe
H1 Insights is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
H1 is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
More Information on H1
H1 operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in New York, NY. H1 was founded in 2017. It has 234 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 30 open jobs at H1, click here.
Read Full Job Description