Senior DevOps Engineer at Second Front Systems (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:43 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 6, 2022
Our Cloud Operations team (DevOps + IT + Security) is responsible for building and delivering cloud-native tools and services for Second Front business and product teams, with an emphasis on automation and security.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Second Front Systems, your responsibility is to build and operate DevOps infrastructure and CI/CD tooling to enable the rapid and secure development of applications. You will work hand-in-hand with the Security Engineers and IT Specialists to ensure the effective operations and reliability of Second Front applications and rapidly respond to any service interruptions. Finally, you are responsible for learning new things, solving big problems, working independently, speaking your mind, and contributing to a culture of diversity, innovation, and excellence.
- Build and operate a cloud-native DevSecOps environment in accordance with the Department of Defense’s DevSecOps reference architecture
- Contribute to the implementation/maintenance of fully automated CI/CD pipelines
- Design and Implement Infrastructure as code to efficiently solve problems both for the company and its clients.
- Assist in incident response and site reliability engineering.
- Collaborate effectively with and mentor members of the team.
- Coordinate activities with the Principal Engineer and CTO
- Able to be a positive influence on the company
- Comfortable working on complex problems, striving to find unique solutions to problems
- Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment independently and efficiently
- Extensive knowledge of DevSecOps tools and practices
- Administered and automated practical solutions for SDLC and Release management through CI and related tools including, but not limited to: Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, SonarQube, Anchor, Twistlock, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Architect-level experience with implementing and maintaining high-scale cloud infrastructure as code via Terraform
- In-depth knowledge and experience with containerization (Docker/Podman) and scaling with cloud-native container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, EKS, GKS, etc)
- In-depth experience implementing and maintaining automation/configuration management solutions (i.e. Terraform, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
- Practical experience managing Agile Release Management and maintaining a scalable SDLC
- Excellent knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud/Azure including networking, (i.e. SGs, Subnets, VPC link, Route53, TGWs, etc.)
- System Administration level experience working in Linux environments
- You have excellent scripting skills in at least one of the following: Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- US Citizen
- Experience with Department of Defense DevSecOps practices, policies, and security
- Able to obtain a Secret-level security clearance
- AWS or Azure Professional Certificates
- Experience in Network Engineering
- Experience with Flux/Kustomize
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING...
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.
More Information on Second Front Systems
Second Front Systems operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Tysons, VA. Second Front Systems was founded in 2014. It has 51 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Open door policy, Team owned deliverables, Team based strategic planning, Group brainstorming sessions, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dental Benefits. To see all 3 open jobs at Second Front Systems, click here.
Read Full Job Description