Senior DevOps Engineer at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe Commerce team is looking for a DevOps engineer to build secure and scalable infrastructure to meet the demands of our high traffic SaaS services.
This group builds and maintains a collection of SaaS based products and services for our Magento merchants, while promoting containerization, clusterization, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) standard methodologies.
- We're transforming the Magento product offering through SaaS design principles, moving more and more of the store front into the cloud, facilitating effortless upgrades on the merchant's side, and leveraging our ML capabilities to deliver quality insights to both the merchant and the shopper.
- Our team of people work in smaller product delivery teams of 5-7. This allows us to be agile while working as part of a larger organization.
- Our products and teams are growing quickly. Though we are established, in production, and iterating, there are plenty of challenges to overcome, decisions to be made, and new development to do.
What you'll do
- Maintain and improve infrastructure, container, and some service-level / application-level security
- Work with internal product development teams to provide distributed, highly available infrastructure to meet our merchants' needs in production-level environments
- Work closely with Adobe's security arm, ASSET, on tracking, coordinating, and prioritizing security tasks
- Work hand-in-hand with Adobe Compliance team
- Collaborate with third-party auditors to convey security controls and resolve audit findings
- Debug complicated distributing computing challenges.
- Participate in on-call with the entire team
- Incident response, triaging, and investigation of security incidents and service outages.
What you need to succeed
- Willing to be part of a fast-paced environment utilizing cutting edge tools
- Production experience with one or more public cloud providers
- Solid understanding of cloud security controls and services, such as AWS and Azure IAM and KMS
- Interest in securing robust, scalable, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with programming and scripting in operations environments
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g. PCI, HIPAA)
- Desire to be responsible for the full lifecycle of a project from concept to completion
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Bonus: project management skills
Some of the things we work with:
- Skills: Linux, networking, system-level security, distributed systems, threat modeling, infrastructure as code
- Platforms: AWS, Azure, Node.js
- Tools & Technologies: Terraform, Jenkins Pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes, Splunk, ElasticSearch, databases, caches, queues
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado.
Colorado Starting Salary: $127,000 - $164,900
At Adobe, for sales roles starting salaries are expressed as total target compensation (TTC = base + commission), and short-term incentives are in the form of sales commission plans. Non-sales roles starting salaries are expressed as base salary and short-term incentives are in the form of the Annual Incentive Plan (AIP).
In addition, certain roles may be eligible for long-term incentives in the form of a new hire equity award.