SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER at Verisk (Remote)
Verisk Specialty Business Solutions (formerly Sequel Business Solutions) is a division of Verisk. Having started out in 1993, we have established a reputation as a market leader in the provision of software to the global insurance industry. We offer streamlined end-to-end management of all insurance and reinsurance business to brokers, underwriters, and intermediaries through the Sequel product suite. Our customers, traditionally Lloyd's and London Market specialists have expanded to include major players in the North American general insurance market. With offices in London, Malaga, and Jersey City, we offer exciting career opportunities in insurance-led technology.Job Description
Hello there! Do you know Verisk? Are you a dynamic person? Would you like to grow in our company? In Verisk SBS we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join one of our engineering teams. And we really wish it could be you!
In our tech stack we have React, Angular, Typescript, .NET, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server, Messaging (RabbitMQ), Cloud (AWS), CI/CD (Azure DevOps), Containers (Docker), Testing frameworks, APIs, etc. From the technical side, our teams are very focused in following good practices. We also foment working with the latest technologies, continuous formation and career development inside the company.
Interesting right? - Keep reading, this job is for you!
DevOps is the practice of operations and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support. DevOps is also characterized by operations staff making use many of the same techniques as developers for their systems work.
We are looking for the right person to help us with development and maintenance of the infrastructure required to reliably release and test all the applications developed by Verisk.
What will you do?
- Define and deliver DevOps strategic improvements.
- Leads strategic improvements within a Development Team autonomously.
- Work closely with products and architecture team to design and support new architectures (containers, microservices, serverless).
- Suggests new tools and participates in the evaluation of those.
- Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
What you´ll get:
- 35hrs / week and office in the centre of Malaga.
- Remote work and flexible working hours options are available. For us, the reconciliation of work and family life (family, children, dependents...) is very important, as well as your personal development and the enjoyment of your leisure and free time.
- Additional benefits to the salary offered: health insurance for you and your family, life insurance, certifications and training (including bonuses to spend on Amazon for each certification obtained) and Spanish/English classes.
- For people who work in the office: luncheon vouchers, bicycle parking, fruit and snacks, drinks on Fridays, pizza on Tuesdays.
- Lunch and Learn: weekly knowledge sharing session. That day lunch is on us!
- Team building and annual events (pre-COVID): we work hard and enjoy with the same energy, because celebrating good results is mandatory! Some places where we have been in previous years: Seville, Bilbao or Sierra Nevada.
- International Mobility: as part of the Verisk group, you will have access to the international opportunities existing in the group.
- Multicultural team: only in Malaga we have people from more than 10 different nationalities!
- Professional development and annual evaluation - each year you will have a review of your performance and objectives.
Sounds good? Contact us to know more!Qualifications
What will you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science or other relevant field and extensive related experience.
- Working knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts, testing pyramid and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of functional programming concepts.
- Good knowledge of SQL Server administration.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure/application-level monitoring services.
- Good knowledge of Container architectures, good practices, and know-how, including container orchestrator services like Kubernetes and Swarm.
- Deep understanding of Version Control System (migrate between VCS, troubleshoot issues with VCS, analysing performance issues).
- Deep understanding of Build and Package process (understanding dependency issues, managing Framework updates, analysing performance issues, optimize packaging process).
- Deep understanding of Release process (zero-downtime deployments, after-release testing, analysing performance issues, application monitoring).
- Good understanding of infrastructure concepts (performance analysis, post-mortem analysis).
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documents including database design, application design and ongoing documentation of changes and modifications.
- Demonstrated ability to implement new automation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to improve CI/CD process.
- Demonstrated ability to spread knowledge across the team.
- Ability to do a risk analysis.
- Ability to provide estimates and provide cost-based design.
- Ability to review other team members work.
- Set measurable goals and meets them.
- Good communication skills. Ability to lead stand-ups, retrospective, and technical review meetings.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.