Senior DevOps Engineer - Staked at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:38 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, November 17, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
DevOps Engineering at Staked is the heart of the operation. We combine software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, fault-tolerant staking node infrastructure. Staked uses a variety of tools including Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Prometheus and Grafana for system orchestration and monitoring. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining these systems alongside other team members.
DevOps looks for creative ways to automate and secure our systems. This is a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. We run a 24/7/365 operation to ensure our infrastructure is highly available and our customers are reliably earning staking rewards.
The ideal candidate is a team player, has a systematic approach to problem solving and strong communication skills. They have a deep sense of pride and ownership in their work.
- Create, maintain and improve the core “Infrastructure As Code” that supports our production systems
- Maintain the core infrastructure by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably via automation, and evolve systems by improving reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or the hard sciences (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- Expertise in DevOps, Infrastructure as Code and algorithms
- Expertise with high availability and fault-tolerant systems, disaster recovery and automation in the cloud
- Expertise in container orchestration using Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud provider APIs, best practices and management (AWS and GCP)
- Experience with Terraform, Helmfile, Prometheus and Grafana
- Expertise in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
- Preferred: Blockchain interest or experience
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in Cheyenne, WY. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It offers perks and benefits such as Wellness Programs, Mental Health Benefits, Company Equity, Generous Parental Leave, Remote Work Program and Generous PTO. To see all 29 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description