Ceros is an experiential platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital experiences without code. We’re passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom microsites to immersive interactive webpages, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content and instantly embed it into your site or social media platforms such as Pinterest or Snapchat. Join us and be part of the movement to enable everyone to create experiences that matter.
Our customers include some of the world’s leading brands, such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull, United Airlines, and AIG.
We are well-funded and institutionally-backed by prominent investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
Ceros provides multiple products and the Devops team supports them all.
The infrastructure uses Docker, Jenkins, and Cloudformation. We use a myriad of AWS offerings. We also use Okta for authentication and Fastly as a CDN. We’ve begun a migration to Terraform and are considering a migration from ECS to Kubernetes as we add services.
The DevOps team also supports Markup (https://markup.io), which is built in React and Typescript on the frontend and Typescript on the backend. Its infrastructure uses Terraform and Kubernetes on AWS.
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much.
The DevOps Platform team is responsible for the infrastructure and the design of our environments for each of our Applications. We are also responsible for the CI/CD, chatops, and the developer interface with our deployment tools and environments. We own the pipeline run times and therefore we are responsible for optimizing build times and run times.
We follow DevOps principles, which means we view ourselves as the deep knowledge and support for all the developers when they need to write infrastructure stories. We own the roadmap, but we don’t stand in the way of product teams when they need to write infrastructure or pipeline code. We review their work and offer guidance and advice.
- Evaluating, testing, and building new infrastructure tools and technology
- Writing detailed planning documents on stories so your teammates can assess the proposed approaches to a story, offer suggestions of approaches missed, and we can all agree on where to go from there
- Writing maintainable code (probably goes without saying)
- Carrying out and being on the receiving end of intense code review sessions from your peers who hold your work (and their own) to the highest of standards
- Helping the feature development teams write infrastructure code, and reviewing said code
- Writing clear documentation around infrastructure code and development tooling so that it’s easy to understand, use, and modify
- Working closely with the rest of the team to deploy new releases and data migrations without hiccups
- Performing blameless post-mortems whenever there’s an unplanned outage.
- Supporting the development infrastructure so that feature teams and QA can collaborate on shared environments
- And finally, ensuring the availability of the Ceros platform
Practical stuff we anticipate you having:
- Experience with and knowledge of the following technologies:
- Containers Ecosystem (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- CI/CD pipelines
- Infrastructure as code (Cloudformation, Terraform)
- Linux Administration
- Scripting Languages and Automation (Bash, Groovy, Python, Ansible)
- In memory databases (Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Relational Databases (MySQL, Aurora)
- An eagerness to write well documented, clear code. You understand that infrastructure code is still code and the principles of documentation and organization that apply to every other kind of code, still apply here.
- The wisdom of experience. You understand that principles and design patterns are important guidelines, but not hard and fast rules. You know when to apply a pattern and when not to, when to hold fast to a certain principle, and when to let it go. You understand that sometimes we can’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good and we’ll have to take on tech debt, but when we do, it should be with consideration and intention (and should be documented).
- An eagerness to learn. We’re looking for engineers who are able and eager to keep up with the pace of our rapidly evolving field.
Key things to know
- This is a 100% remote role but we are primarily in the U.S. Eastern time zone and prefer candidates who can have an overlapping work schedule with the rest of the team.
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook Pro, external monitor, keyboard, etc.)
- $500 stipend for home office set up
- Annual all-expenses paid company retreats
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.