Senior DevOps Engineer - GCP at Chainlink Labs (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:13 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 12, 2022
All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
The infrastructure team enables Chainlink development and maintains services that support the health of the most widely-adopted oracle network in the world. As a DevOps Engineer, you will help us build the Chainlink infrastructure with GCP, ensure reliable work of internal and customer-facing services, and empower the entire engineering organization to do their best work.
The purpose of this role is to help the team with development and maintenance of our Data platform on Google Cloud. This will include design and implementation of the strategy as we rapidly scale our data capabilities as well as maintenance and continuous improvements of the platform. The role will help build the GCP infrastructure that will support the existing Data Team in their function and will assist the team SMEs in launching and maintaining blockchain nodes
- Understanding and experience with GCP security best practices
- Develop and deploy new data and blockchain services (Infra as Code)
- Monitor and maintain data pipelines and blockchain nodes in production environment
- Experience with managed data storages (PostgreSQL, Big Query …) is a big advantage
- Establish Backup, reliability and disaster recovery strategy for data services
- Plan and Implement CI/CD best practices
- Experience working with GCP. Knowledge of other clouds is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD, GitOps. You know how to deploy your services reliably and have used tools like GitHub Actions, Atlantis, or similar to achieve that
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible Kubernetes, helm. Experience with deploying and supporting managed kubernetes clusters (GKE), helm charts development
- Experience with monitoring solutions and central logging. Dashboards, alerts development( Prometheus, Grafana, GCP Logging, Splunk …
- Python, bash, Powershell
- You are a confident Linux administrator
- Experience deploying and maintaining Data Projects, you understand how data pipelines operate and what are the typical SLAs involved
- Experience with Big Query, DataFlow, Airflow Pentaho, DataProc, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka or similar services is a plus
- Strong communication skills. You can give and receive constructive feedback, and you do not shy away from planning meetings and code reviews.
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies.
- Experience running blockchain full nodes would give you a considerable advantage in this role.
- Experience with Chainlink as a developer or a node operator is a similarly big plus.
- Experience with GitHub Actions and self-hosted runners in particular.
- Experience working remotely in a distributed team.
- A strong desire to grow and challenge yourself. While this role is mainly focused on maintenance, we would expect you to constantly find ways to improve and automate services under your purview.
Some of the tools and services we use daily or almost daily are:
GCP; Terraform/Terragrunt; Kubernetes, Calico and ArgoCD; Prometheus and Grafana; GitHub Actions; Packer
We expect you to be comfortable with most of those tools and proficient in at least a couple of them.
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More Information on Chainlink Labs
Chainlink Labs operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Chainlink Labs was founded in 2014. It has 367 total employees. To see all 60 open jobs at Chainlink Labs, click here.
Read Full Job Description