Senior Developer in Test at Lunchbox Technologies (Miami, FL)
What We Are
We’re a collection of enterprise solutions that redefine the digital restaurant experience. You might find us a little biased, but not in this category; we’re committed and unwavering to our mission and initiatives — all day and everyday. You can’t put us in a box because we’re the whole package. We’re an exceedingly savvy team of tech and food enthusiasts. We help build out performance tools to drive guests to restaurants — and only restaurants!
Lunchbox is for restaurateurs, by restaurateurs, and we’re shouting that from the rooftops! We’re led by food people who care. Our team has won some fun culture awards and you can find us in the press. We regularly launch stuff that helps the industry and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get dirty.
As a Developer in Test you will bring hands-on contributions to the Lunchbox product teams with the use of automation, software engineering, and up to date test practices. This is a key role for our Agile teams as we are embarking on a road of automation.
You will provide Software Quality support to our product and QA team by automating the build-test-deploy lifecycle for a wide variety of services for testing, including microservices.
We are an agile organization; our teams regularly use pairing techniques, giving you exposure to the full code base. You will work as part of an agile team that brings together Developers, DevOps, QA, and Product Management working on the React platform. .
If you are creative, driven, customer focused, have a passion for automation, and would like to try new technologies then the Lunchbox team is right for you!
What You’ll Do
- Code new and maintain existing automated tests using TypeScript, Java, etc.
- Develop and implement integration, functional, end-to-end and regression test suites for Lunchbox products.
- Ensure test scenarios are considered during backlog refinement and sprint planning
- Focus test scenarios from customer perspective both positive/negative, intention rather than implementation
- Pair with development team members to implement tests at all levels
- Live by and mentor your peers on QA best practices
- Work with product and other stakeholders to get input on test scenarios
- Assist DevOps team in delivery, execution and maintenance of QA infrastructure.
- Participate in implementation of CI/CD pipelines for new products in test
- Monitor CI/CD pipelines for quality of builds, and analyze test failures
- Reduce redundancy in test automation
- Perform manual exploratory testing to identify potential additions to automation tests
- Report defects as they arise to product team through JIRA
- Provide support to our operational teams for systems in production
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
What We’re Looking For
- Computer Science fundamentals in OO design, data structure and algorithm.
- Experience in building test automation frameworks, developing functional, integration, unit tests.
- Experience in writing automated tests for microservices
- Advocate of Test Driven Development
- Exposure to working with development tools supporting Continuous Deployment: GIT, Jenkins, CircleCI, Kubernetes, etc. on cloud environments.
- Your GIT experience extends beyond ‘push/pull’; you should be comfortable troubleshooting and handling conflicts.
- You feel at home on the Linux command line. Though you will not focus your efforts on bash scripting, none of the following should make you uncomfortable: ‘vi’, ‘awk’, ‘sed’
- Demonstrable experience creating and designing tests using REST APIs, SQL database validations using JDBC.
- Familiarity and understanding of Agile SDLC
- Complete comfort working with Atlassian toolset
- You are comfortable with a variety of test automation frameworks: Mocha, JEST, Jasmine, RSpec, Cucumber, pytest, junit, Puppeteer, LambdaTest, Selenium, etc.
Please include your open source contributions on Github.com, we would love to take a peek. Be sure to include your StackOverflow ID, too!
- Have experience testing processes in SaaS applications that deal with complex algorithms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Creative thinking and natural curiosity
- The successful candidate should be energetic and enthusiastic and able to work with flexibility in a highly dynamic environment with stakeholders from variety of teams
Think you have what it takes, but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyway!
- We provide learning and development opportunities to help you grow and thrive at Lunchbox.
- Diversity comes from the top. We’re a team of all-ages BIPOC & working parents.
- We host fun and social virtual events (like book club meetings, team happy hours, and company-wide talent shows) that help you stay connected with the entire team.
- The opportunity to work with a welcoming and collaborative team of industry disruptors!
- We raised the largest Series A in FoodTech ($22 million) and most recently raised a $50 million Series B, led by Coatue.
Some Awesome Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, and vision).
- Online mental health therapy — we make wellness a priority!
- Unlimited PTO from day one and paid leave for all new parents.
- A WFH stipend, monthly wellness allowance, and amazing Lunchbox merchandise.
- The coolest perk ever — we’ll pay for any food-related tattoo!
Lunchbox’s biggest asset is our people. We work to shape an equitable and inclusive culture that amplifies voices, fuels performance and collaboration, and fosters a sense of trust and belonging for all. We know that, similar to the restaurant industry that we serve, different views and experiences are advantages, and help us drive better business. We strive for the awareness, education, celebration, and recognition of not only our people but for diversity, inclusion, and equity across our organization.
Lunchbox is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. This means, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.