Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about building and engaging communities of developers and excited to work with founders of startups.
As a Senior Developer Advocate your primary role will be to up-level developer and business focused storytelling around the products and services we offer through content, code, and community engagement. As a Senior Developer Advocate you will be responsible for leading initiatives that contribute to all stages of the funnel through rich storytelling and content for our platform and personally driving growth for key products (DigitalOcean PaaS, DigitalOcean App Platform, DigitalOcean IaaS, DigitalOcean Kubernetes, DigitalOcean Serverless, and others.) You will help developers in interactive, hands-on, in-person and virtual environments, share knowledge through webinars, talks, educational programs, foster new connections and inspire ideas through live events and code. You will relay developer feedback from the community directly to the DigitalOcean product team, which will inform our product and engineering roadmap and ultimately benefit customers. The ideal candidate is an educator, able to lead initiatives with a focus on data, enthusiastic about free and open source software, and have an intimate understanding of developers and a large capacity to empathize with their unique challenges and opportunities.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support the entire product portfolio and represent DigitalOcean to the greater developer community through online engagement, online content and code contributions.
- Leverage your breadth of technical knowledge to prepare and deliver talks/workshops/webinars to developer communities around the world, while continuously developing yourself as a person and a professional.
- Applying your understanding of key business metrics to inform our strategy and investments.
- Collaborate directly with product, marketing, and other internal teams to share developer feedback and shape how we design, build, and market products.
- Act as a technical advisor and mentor to team members and developers of all skill levels -- from beginners to experts.
- Proven experience delivering high quality code, content, and/or community engagements that have increased access and education for DigitalOcean’s products.
- You're a highly motivated self-starter, always looking for the next thing to which you’d like to devote your heart and mind. You can own and drive initiatives with minimal guidance and direction, but know yourself well enough to ask for help when appropriate.
- The ability to convey your technical credibility while remaining humble.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a knack for breaking down complicated concepts into digestible, approachable explanations.
- Flexibility with work and travel schedules, coupled with a commitment to self-care. This will apply more when in-person engagement resumes.
- Proven experience working with cloud (IaaS, PaaS, Cloud-native). Bonus if you are experienced with Serverless and FaaS platforms (OpenWhisk, Lambda, OpenFaaS.)
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!