Reliability Engineering organization’s mission is to build platform infrastructure, tooling and educational programs to empower ActiveCampaign’s engineering productivity. Our vision is to provide software leverage by enabling product development engineers to build scalable applications leveraging our platform with high velocity, quality and performance as features.We aim to achieve Reliability Engineering’s platform vision by 1) building a best-in-class Services Platform with 4 9s of availability, flexibility, security and compliance by default, 2) providing APIs, abstractions, infrastructure, composable services and self-service interfaces to accelerate product delivery, 3) optimizing cost-to-serve to achieve profitable scale, and 4) automating repeatable, time consuming and complicated infrastructure tasks and by building self service features and functionality that delight and inspire our developers to do their best work.
The Senior Database Reliability Engineer is an engineering leadership role to sustain, transform and scale our OLTP relational database infrastructure. You will develop, deploy and operate our global MySQL infrastructure based on AC’s engineering principles, delivering 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalability and reliability. You will join a team with deep experience with MySQL and contribute your engineering expertise to build and support our global Platform.
What your day could consist of:
- Operate and scale large, managed Tier-1 MySQL (versions 5.6 and 5.7) clustered infrastructure across cloud regions and environments with self-service tooling
- Design replication topologies for OLTP, OLAP and maintenance workloads
- Configure and tune MySQL for high-performance
- Operate with MySQL proxy and binlog servers
- Design multi-tenant and single-tenant data storage models and migrated applications between different tenancy models
- Proficiency with open source and proprietary MySQL data migration and replication tools
- Monitor very large MySQL deployments for availability and performance
- Experience applying event sourcing and CQRS patterns to new and legacy software applications
- Have a demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple product and platform teams
- Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders (including executives) across various business units
- Leverage your deep expertise with MySQL internals and ecosystem to help us build and operate a modern data platform
- Documentation for knowledge sharing.
- Continuous improvement initiatives.
What is needed:
- 3+ years of relevant experience, to include extensive experience running MySQL databases in an environment of more than 200 clusters.
- Proficiency with Linux
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience acting as a SME for SQL statement tuning
- 1+ years of experience in an on-call/support role.
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation, which includes ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- Experience with large scale, multi-regional infrastructure deployments
- Experience with PHP, ElasticSearch, and Kafka a plus
- Understanding of Customer Experience Platforms or equivalent system
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 160,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 160,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.