Senior Data Engineer - Data Pipeline Team at Intuit Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
The Data Pipeline Team creates backend frameworks for collecting data required for frontend tracking. It is also responsible for transforming large volumes of data received through frontend tracking and making sure data is available for analytics and data science, empowering them to at realtime.
Reporting to the leader of the Data Pipeline team. Your mission as a backend Sr.Data engineer in the Data Pipeline team is to work on backend data collection frameworks, working with frontend team to implement tracking, also work on back-end data systems to transform the data ingested from clients and serve data to analytics, data engineering organization.
What you'll do:
- Contribute your important efforts in building new tracking system for our Data Pipelines and Data Warehouse
- Influence the features and direction of our products with your ideas
- Identify ways to improve our technology and process
- Participate in code and technical design reviews
- Take an active role in the technical growth of other team members and the processes that support overall team growth
- Scope and plan the work across multi-team efforts, working with key stakeholders to establish a product vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery
What's great about the role:
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisioning of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma's platform and business
- Lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make essential decisions affecting a large engineering organization
- Have the autonomy to achieve results without micromanagement
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 4+ years of professional experience shipping product level code.
- 4+ years experience in at least one relevant back-end coding language (Java,Scala,Python)
- 4+ years of professional experience developing high throughput low latency big data services
- 4+ years of significant professional experience in server-side development
- 2+ years of experience managing data pipelines and large-scale data products
- Knowledge in microservice architectures, messaging patterns, deployment models, domain-driven design, data pipelines and data warehouses
- Professional experience across the entire SDLC (software development lifecycle)
- Experience in API design and building extendable client/server contracts.
- Have professional experience in DevOps Cloud (AWS,GCP)
- Approaches problems with a analysis-inspired approach - understands trade-offs between quality and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery of product features, and uses this capacity to plan and accomplish product requirements
- Promote complex technical content to peers and partners
- Working experience with GraphQL, TypeScript, React.JS
- Mentorship of junior team members is a plus.
- Understanding of modern HTML and CSS fundamentals.
- Experience building integrated and testable systems
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in employment with Credit Karma and need special assistance or an accommodation to either apply or interview for a specific role.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)