Senior Data Engineer- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) at CapTech (Remote)
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.Job Description
CapTech Data Engineering consultants enable clients to build and maintain advanced data systems that bring together data from disparate sources in order to enable decision-makers. We build pipelines and prepare data for use by data scientists, data analysts, and other data systems. We love solving problems and providing creative solutions for our clients. Cloud Data Engineers leverage the client’s cloud infrastructure to deliver this value today and to scale for the future. We enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other developers, architects, and our clients.Qualifications
The Value You Deliver (or What You’ll Do)
- Be trusted advisor to customers with best practices, methodologies, and technologies to implement data engineering solutions.
- Design, implement, and maintain modern data pipelines to deliver optimal solutions utilizing appropriate cloud technologies.
- Partner with product owners and business SMEs to analyze customer requirements and provide a supportable and sustainable engineered solution.
- Provide technical leadership and collaborate within and across teams to ensure that the overall technical solution is aligned with the customer needs.
- Stay current with the latest cloud technologies, patterns, and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key stakeholders.
- Experience building/operating highly available distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing large data sets
- 5+ years of experience delivering data engineering solutions on cloud platform
- 5+ years of experience implementing modern designs using at least one cloud-based solution/platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Advanced level proficiency with at least one ETL / Data Orchestration technology (Azure Data Factory, SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx, Ab Initio, Pentaho, Talend, Matillion)
- Experience cloud-based data warehousing and data lake solutions like Snowflake, Redshift, Databricks
- 5+ years of experience with SQL or NoSQL database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL server, Oracle, Aurora, Presto, BigQuery)
- Expertise with SQL, database design/structure and data structure (star, snowflake schemas, de/normalized designs)
- 5+ years of experience with at least one programming language (Python, Java, R, C / C# / C++, Shell)
- Familiarity with one or more DevOps tools (git, Jenkins, CI/CD, Jira)
- Fundamental understanding of big data, open source, and data streaming concepts
- Ability to think strategically and provide recommendations utilizing traditional and modern architectural components based on business needs
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers in data engineering space
- Cloud certification on any platform a plus
We provide challenging and impactful opportunities in our client work and internal teams, while keeping individual interests in mind. We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lifelong career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. As a CapTecher, you will experience exciting and rewarding roles that help you grow and make a difference, while having fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Three comprehensive Medical Plan options (PPO and HDHP), as well as Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid basic Life and AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Cell Phone stipend
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Birth and Family Bonding Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our diversity, Inclusion and belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
- CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
- Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
- Some positions may require travel.
- CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.